Thursday, November 20, 2008

I want to have a Eurasian DNA

Phew! Finally, the art camp is over. It was amazing. I felt so fortunate being a part of the traditional costume workshop.
Here are my amazing journey
Day 1 : We played a game by seperating into 2 tribes. It was an easy game. All we have to do is to shout the opponent's name. I felt so proud that I gained the first point for my group. We won.
We also started our sketching for our products.
Day 2: This day is one of the most memorable event in my life, a visit to Aunty Ann's house. Before visiting her, we were all in Chulia Street sketching on people clothes.
We headed to Love Lane at 10 a.m. Then he is a Eurasian( with a lot of foreign DNAs - Spanish, Hongkese, Chinese, Portuguese, American, Siamese ) Her house used to be a very big house but no longer now.She told us that her great x4 grandmother was a Siamese Princess..........Then, she showed us some photos and antiques that she still has and told us about them. I can't believe that she could still remember all these memories.
I was almost cried because I felt ashamed although being pure chinese. We do not have any family histories unlike Aunty Ann. I hope that I can visit her again.



We were then got back to "Cheah Kongsi" to receive our sketching. I decided to draw a guy for my product bcoz my partner's work was horrible and it didn't have chemical mixture feeling.

Day 3: We worked on our products. It looked like Project Runway. I was the slowest participant to get my stuff dried. I found that I was quite creative with those texttiles and fabrics.
We were asked to be stayed until 3 p.m. I was actually wanted to buy an Indian's clothe but the salesman told me to go to Kamdar to buy. So, I headed back to "Cheah Kongsi". But on my way back, I found a restaurant which sells western foods; and I went there to enjoy my meal.


Day 4: We were all ready to show our products. That was the time to sell our products. I found that I was one of a few who finished our works. I feel proud of myself. Then, I was excited to show my clothes at the fashion show later. At 12 p.m., I introduced to my friends that restaurant that I went before. I ordered the same thing but with more delicious fish cake and egg. I felt so lucky that I was the first person to have my food which made my fellow friends drooled. Hahahahaha!!! And they needed to wait for very long time.

I was told to present about the "letters" that we learnt. I was so nervous bcoz I was told 10 minutes before the presentation. Although I talked very fast but I didn't make any mistakes. But my friends did. The presentation was horrible but we have models. Thanks God!

*Photos will be uploaded soon!

No comments: